Celine Dion announced the cancellation of her “Courage World Tour” dates through 2024 and “will likely never tour again,” a source close to Dion told CNN Friday.”
“She is in a lot of pain,” the individual said. “She does daily physical therapy.”
“I’m so sorry to disappoint all of you once again,” an announcement on the singer’s social media read. “I’m working really hard to build back my strength, but touring can be very difficult even when you’re 100%. It’s not fair to you to keep postponing the shows, and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything now until I’m really ready to be back on stage again. I want you all to know, I’m not giving up… and I can’t wait to see you again!”
The disorder is “a rare, progressive syndrome that affects the nervous system, specifically the brain and spinal cord,” according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
“While we’re still learning about this rare condition, we now know this is what’s been causing all of the spasms that I’ve been having,” Dion said at the time. “Unfortunately, these spasms affect every aspect of my daily life, sometimes causing difficulties when I walk and not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to.”
Tickets for her concerts will be refunded from their point of purchase.
- The Cable News Network is a multinational cable news channel headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. Founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner and Reese Schonfeld as a 24-hour cable news channel.
- Headlines2023.09.24Usher will headline the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show
- Headlines2023.09.23Her son was an accused cult leader. She says he was a victim, too.
- Headlines2023.09.22Blink-182 drops an emotional new music video
- Headlines2023.09.20Nagorno-Karabakh crisis lays bare Armenia's deteriorating relations with Russia